Picoway is an advanced fractional laser that uses the shortest laser pulse available measured in picoseconds. The Holographic Fractional Technology ensures each spot receives the same amount of energy making the treatments predictable and controlled.
There is very little down time as only a fraction of the skin is affected, leaving healthy skin around the treated area to promote quick healing.
The Picoway Resolve Treatment minimizes the appearances of benign pigment lesions (age spots, sun spots, freckles, café au lait, melasma and hyperpigmentation) by targeting the chromophores below the surface of the skin breaking the pigment into tiny particles. The average person requires up to 4 treatments over a course of 3 to 8 week intervals to see satisfying results.
The Picoway Resolve Treatment is also able to treat signs of aging such as fine wrinkles. The picosecond laser reaches the dermis without breaking the epidermis. So in easy terms the treatment works from the inside out. The Picoway Lasers have demonstrated the ability to also build collagen and elastin, which is needed to assist with treating the signs of aging. The average person requires up to 6 treatments to see satisfying results, completed 3 to 8 week intervals.
Acne Scars can also be treated using the Picoway Resolve treatment. Since the Picoway Laser is able to stimulate the building of collagen and elastin it is a great option for the treatment of acne scars. Acne scars are usually associated with the loss or lack of collagen and about 40% of acne clients develop scars. Usually the average person requires up to 5 treatments to see satisfying results, completed in 3 to 8 week intervals.
- Avoid the sun and tanning beds 4-6 weeks before and after the treatment. Failing to not follow this protocol may have you develop hypopigmentation (white spots) that may not clear for 2-3 months or more. Self tanning products must be discontinued two weeks prior to treatment.
- Stop any topical medication or active skin care products 3-5 days prior to treatment (retinols, Vitamin C etc)
- If you have a history of perioral herpes simplex virus, you should take an antiviral medication prior to and after the treatment.
- Immediately after treatment, there may be a tolerable mild redness and swelling at the treatment site, this may last up to 36 hours. The treated area will feel like a sunburn for a few hours after treatment.
- If the treated area feels warm ice may be applied
- Aloe vera gel may be applied if desired, or a suggested product from New Path Studio.
- Avoid sun exposure to reduce the change of hyperpigmentation (dark spots). Use sunblock of SPF 30+ at all times throughout the course of the treatment.
- The treated pigment will appear darker immediately after, and within the first few days following the treatment. The darken pigment may flake off like dry skin within 7-10 days. Avoid picking or scratching the treated skin.
- There no restrictions on bathing/showering.
- No active skin care products are to be used for 72 hours. If necessary use Vaseline on individual lesions to keep them hydrated.
- Makeup can be applied 24 hours later. If needed a makeup powder can be applied sooner.